Certifying Acceptance Agent for Individual Tax Identification Number Purposes
- RBTS, CPA is a Certifying Acceptance Agent (CAA) for Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) purposes and has successfully processed ITINs primarily for H1-B and F-1 visa holders' families, as well as foreign investors.
- This means that we have passed an Internal Revenue Service exam, completed forensic training, and signed an official contract with their ITIN office.
- We are authorized agents by the IRS ITIN Office and can issue Certificate of Accuracy.
- The Certificate of Accuracy is issued when the taxpayer presents to us original passport or passport copies certified by the foreign issuing agency.
- No original Passport need to be mailed to the IRS for primary taxpayers and/or their spouses (as of 01/01/2013), as well as for their dependents (as of 10/12/2016).
- We, as a Certifying Acceptance Agent, have an exclusive (not available to the general public) direct phone line with the ITIN office in Austin, TX.
- We can resolve any issue with an ITIN application relatively quickly. Otherwise, it may take up to 6 months, should you prepare it yourself.
- We are listed at the IRS website.